As part of the Arts Evangelism Elective, you’ll join the October Compassion, City Transformation and Ships electives in one combined DTS lecture phase. Each DTS will have a coordinator gathering students around that elective. This may come in forms such as small group activities, excursions, events, or guest speakers.
While you’ll have specific times for your DTS elective, this will not occur every week. It is important to see electives as a way of gathering similar individuals without taking priority over the core purpose of the DTS. Additionally, we cannot guarantee that each DTS elective will have a major representation on the outreach phase. Our hope is to look for how we can incorporate the elective on outreach but factors outside our control such as culture, event coordination, and ministry contact preferences may affect what is possible.
An elective is defined by:
- Gathering similar individuals.
- A leader with an affinity or passion for that elective (but not required).
- Low level, structured inclusion during lecture phase.
- Outreach inclusion of the elective where culturally possible and appropriate.
Example Arts Evangelism features include:
- Sharpen practical skills
- Creating outside of the classroom
- Opportunity to use art for evangelism in the city